“Studios Inc actively draw members of the community together on a recurring basis to experience art in action through studio visits, exhibitions and artist’s talks. Whether it involves new understandings of creative processes, a stronger community bond or creates opportunities for artworks to remain in the community; artists and audience members gain increased knowledge, exposure and enjoyment from the Studio programs.”
Kathy Dowell, Curator
Kathy Dowell Art + Service, Kansas City, MO
The Studios Inc provides studio space, professional development, networking, and exhibitions for mid-career artists in Greater Kansas City.
Located in a 51,000 square foot building on the east side of the Crossroads Arts District, The Studios Inc is a 501 c 3 organization which provides studio space free of charge to mid-career artists. In addition to their studios, artists share access to a wood shop and 4,500 square feet of exhibition space.
- 51,000 square foot building
- Studio spaces ranging from 750-3000 sq. ft.
- 4,500sq. ft. of exhibition space
- Fenced-in lot available for outdoor installations, performances or workspace
- Wood shop
- Applications for available studios are solicited annually (two to four studios become available annually).
- A Selection Panel is convened to review applications and select a Resident Artist for each available studio.
- Studios and other facilities are provided free of charge for a 3 year residency.
- Artists are required to exhibit annually in The Studios Inc Exhibition Space; announcements and publicity are facilitated by The Studios Inc.
- Individual Donations
- Patron Program (Each Resident Artist is matched with a patron whose fully tax-deductible contribution underwrites the Artist’s studio for one year)
- Corporate Collector Program (Each year interested collectors bid a minimum $65,000 tax-deductible contribution. The high bidder’s contribution is accepted and receives that year’s independently curated collection which includes one work by each Resident Artist)
Kansas City, MO 64108
Email: email@example.com Tel: 816.994.7134